Click icon to register for the 2013 SMY (Social Media Youth) Generation "Spirt and Truth" Forum on Saturday, February 23, 2013
YOUTH BRANDING UNIVERSITY’S ART CONTEST
YOUTH BRANDING UNIVERSITY
2013 SMY (SOCIAL MEDIA YOUTH) GENERATION “SPIRIT AND TRUTH” FORUM
YOUTH ART CONTEST
OLDE TOWNE GRILLE AND NATIONALLY RENOWNED ARTIST DONALD WALKER
Youth Branding University (YBU) and our collaborative professional and nationally renowned artist Mr. Donald Walker (St. Paul, MN) along with Atlanta Artist/Website Developer Paul Benitez vision is to provide the opportunity for young emerging artists and illustrators between the ages of 5 and 22 to exhibit their art/talent.
To learn more about Mr. Walker’s background, please visit the following website: (www.donaldwalkerart.com). The finalist for this contest will receive a $150 Savings Account with Wells Fargo and one stock valued up to $50 of his/her choice from www.oneshare.com.
Please note that Wells Fargo and one share are not affiliated with Youth Branding University, this contest and are not sponsors of this event.
The finalist also will have the opportunity along with two parents/guardians to have dinner at Olde Towne Grille (http://ottavern.com) (Lawrenceville, GA) with Mr. Walker, Youth Branding University’s CEO Jeffery D. Henderson, and local Atlanta Artist/Website Developer Paul Benitez.
The following guidelines apply:
• The applicant must be a US citizen (or non-citizen lawfully and permanently residing in the Georgia) who is 22 years old or less as of July 31, 2013.
• The youth artist must submit their artwork to Youth Branding University by the application deadline of mid-night Friday, February 15, 2013.
- • The art/visual illustration can be submitted in following styles:
• Graphic Art
The art work submitted must be previously unpublished and not publicly viewed, and will become the sole property of Youth Branding University for display only and not for sale. Acknowledgment of the artist will be made whenever the artwork is used for display.
The application must include the following materials:
• One-page résumé or biography. Please include the following accordingly:
• Your Name
• Date of birth
• Telephone Number
• E-mail Address
• Name of the school or college you attend
• Grade (i.e. 7th Grade)
• Listing of art courses taken
• Electronic versions of artwork are accepted, as well as samples in any flat medium not larger than 14” x 17”.
• Your Parent(s)’/Guardian(s)’ Contact Information (Name, telephone, and e-mail address)
• One letter of Reference/Letter of Recommendation
• Your art submission may be submitted by e-mail or mail:
Note: The combined file size of all uploaded files - including required information cannot be larger than 25 MB or the upload will fail.
• If submitting by mail, submit all of the required materials within a single package to:
Youth Branding University
Attn: Jeffery D. Henderson
1227 Rockbridge Road, Suite 208-227
Stone Mountain, GA 30087
Important: If submitting by mail, materials must be sent within a single package or they will not be accepted. Package must be postmarked by midnight, Friday, February 7, 2013, and received by February 15, 2013. Applications submitted by e-mail must be received no later than midnight, Friday, February 15, 2013. No entries will be returned to the artist.
Contest Selection Guidelines
• Youth Branding University will only accept the first 50 approved artwork submissions based on received date.
• All 50 approved artworks will also be displayed on the YBU website.
• A panel of three judges (Artist/Website Developer Paul Benitez will be one of the judges) will select the top ten (10) artworks which then will be provided to Mr. Donald Walker.
• Mr. Walker will then select the winner of the contest from the top ten (10) artworks provided by the panel of three judges.
• The winner of the contest will be announced between 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM at the February 23, 2013, Youth Branding University SMY (Social Media Youth) Generation “Spirit and Truth” Forum.
• The finalist for this contest will also need to work with Mr. Walker to produce a new visual illustration celebrating the spirit of today’s successful youths which will then be displayed on the YBU website. This illustration will become the sole ownership of Youth Branding University, but the youth artist and Mr. Walker will always be recognized for their contribution to this illustration.
• The youth winner must be in person at the forum to win the contest.
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN YBU’S YOUTH ART CONTEST
SPONSORED BY OLDE TOWNE GRILLE, NATIONALLY RENOWNED ARTIST DONALD WALKER, AND SHAMAR CONSULTANTS, LLC.